Justice for All (J4A), established in 2010 as a non-governmental and non-profit making organization is dedicated to work for the wellbeing of Nepali citizens, especially for women, economically poor and socially disadvantaged. The organization is a platform initiated by enthusiastic women lawyers, social activists and experts in the field of law and social justice.
The primary goal of J4A is to create an enabling environment which guarantees protection and promotion of human rights, gender equality, social justice and peace in the country. It is striving hard works to change actions, perceptions and stereotypes that are barriers to achieving access for bringing change in gender roles and stereotypes along with ensuring gender equality, social inclusion, sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls. We believe that equality, freedom and respecting each other are the vehicles for social justice and peace that bring justice for all.
Creation of equity based society in the realization of social justice for all.
Ensure justice for all through safeguarding social, economic, political and cultural rights of individuals; promoting rule of law and access to justice; and eliminating all forms of discrimination against women and vulnerable groups.
Promote human rights of individuals, especially of those who are economically poor and socially disadvantaged, through social, economic and political empowerment.
In line with the above mentioned vision, mission and goal, J4A has set the following objectives for achieving gender equality and justice, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and social, economic and political empowerment.
- To address structural barriers that is promoting inequality and hindering dignified life of women and other vulnerable groups;
- To balance gender power relation in the society by enhancing shared gender roles and acknowledging reproductive roles of the women and girls;
- To promote access to sexual and reproductive health rights and services of women and girls through awareness, advocacy and ensure control over their own body;
- To increase access to justice for elimination of harmful social practices leading to discrimination, exploitation and gender based violence and protect the rights of the survivors;
- To reduce poverty of women by promoting equal rights in formal and informal sector and giving economic value to care and domestic chores; and
- To develop leadership of disadvantaged groups by enhancing meaningful and equal participation.
- Advocacy at local to internation level
- Strategic public interest Litigation
- Legal Aid and counselling
- Capacity Development
- Socio- legal research and publication
- Networking and collaboration:
Members of the organization
The J4A was designed by a group of experienced lawyers, women activists and experts working in following different sectors
- Socio-legal research,
- Sexual and reproductive health rights and justice,
- Advocacy and public interest litigation for protection and promotion of human rights and social justice,
- Access to Justice andlegal aid and counseling for women and poor in the court of law.
- Grass root level work for the empowerment of women.
- Media campaign and journalism
- Project designing, planning, monitoring and evaluation of program,
Districts Covers: J4A has taken different programs, detailed above, to the following districts: Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Sindhupalchowk, Dolkha, Kavrepalnchowk, Dhanusha, Siraha, Saptari, Morang, Kailali, Dadeldhura and Rukum district.